The Issues I have with The Secret...and How to Manifest the Right Way!Mar 23, 2022
In the book The Secret (by Rhonda Byrnes, with contributions by amazing spiritual leaders), they invitingly introduce us to a beautiful world where all we have to do is “Ask, Believe, and Receive” whatever it is that we desire. It’s based on the philosophy of Law of Attraction, which is still debatable as to whether or not it works in the way The Secret portrays it.
While I remember reading this book over and over when it came out, praying and wishing for my desires, now after decades of experience with manifestation and being a sought-after internationally known manifestation coach, I feel differently toward the book.
Don’t get me wrong, I do believe they had beautiful intentions to help uplift others and provide them with a sense of hope, however, I feel it was a bit irresponsible to encourage people to completely hand over their power to an outside source when the power truly comes from within.
Here are the three main issues I have with their technique:
1. It places the power in an outside source or “The Universe:”
I have several issues with this as it:
- takes the power away from the individual and puts it in an outside source;
- reminds the person they don’t have it yet, creating a lack mindset;
- creates unhelpful and un-inspiring emotions such as anxiety, worry, and scarcity;
- creates missed opportunities by not taking aligned actionable steps because they’ll be “waiting” for their specific request to be granted
You’ll waste your life and precious time waiting to be given something that you could be proactively trying to obtain with help and guidance from mentors, guides, and yes, The Universe (or whatever your term is for God / Creator).
I do have a beautiful spiritual and meditation practice where I work with my spirit team daily, so I’m not 100% against working with the Universe in any way, I just don’t believe in completely leaving everything in “their” hands when you do have the power within you to make your dreams a reality.
2. By not taking aligned action steps, no matter how small, you’ll be missing out on opportunities that could be driving you toward your goal faster. And if you don’t know where to start: ask people who are where you’d like to be, search for it on YouTube or Google it.
3. There’s a science to manifestation and they left out the key techniques you could do on your own to build up your actualization powers, such as: re-training your brain to make your RAS (Reticular Activating System) work for you; scripting and journaling daily; zooming in on your goals and amplifying them with conscious emotion.
My definition of manifestation is: “Preparing your MIND, BODY, and SPIRIT to TAKE the actions to reach your goals.” My definition of manifestation is not hoping, wishing, and waiting for the Universe (or some other external power) to drop “it” into our laps.
Thoughts become things only when thoughts inspire you to take action. That’s where correct manifestation comes in: Manifesting locates and amplifies the power within YOU to take the steps that will change your life. You have all the power you need to make it happen.
Here’s a glimpse of the 5 Step Process I teach in my course and dive in deeper with my clients.
- Clarity: I walk my students / clients through a unique exercise to get clear on their goals, to ensure they’re actual goals of theirs and not subconsciously planted there by society or family, etc., and then choosing a few to zoom in on. Simply writing down a goal makes it more likely to happen.
- Focus: I teach my students / clients how to retrain their brain to work for them when it comes to the goals they’ve chosen. By working with our RAS (our brain’s filtering system), it’ll ensure we won’t miss any opportunities to reach our goals.
- Energy: As a Reiki Master and Certified Munay-Ki practitioner, I have the ability to pass on ancient shamanic rites that I was taught by Dr. Alberto Villoldo and his team. My favorite one to share is Rite #2: Bands of Power. These are energetic “belts” that I weave into my students energy field to act as filters, breaking down negative energies. Then I assist in getting their energy and mindset aligned with abundance. I love teaching my students about the chakras and how you can work with your own energy, as it’s very empowering.
- Emotions: First, I help them locate and undo unhelpful money emotions they picked up as children. This is very difficult to do on your own as it’s based in your subconscious. After we’ve unblocked and healed other unhelpful emotions, I then teach them how to use their emotions consciously to amplify their power.
- Tools to Amplify: Next, I teach about various tools my students and clients can use to boost the power of this practice, such as: vision boards, scripting, journaling, and more.
Finally, I help my students and clients create a daily manifestation practice that works for them. I provide several options to choose from, it’s all a matter of preference.
Let me share an interesting fact with you: successful athletes use manifestation to win the olympics. These athletes hire sports psychologists and manifestation coaches specifically for mental training and visualization exercises similar to the ones I teach. It truly works, so don’t wait another day for your “Ask Believe Receive” to actualize…take action by investing in your future as it shifts your energy from lack to abundance.
Alternatively, if you’re ready to dive in and start your manifestation practice immediately, sign-up for my course (which is a combination of DIY & live coaching) or you can apply to become a manifestation coaching client.
Here’s something you can do today: get very clear on your top goal. Write it down so you can see it every day. Then begin brainstorming the small actionable steps and start taking them. This will tell your brain it’s important to you, which will start showing you clues and opportunities to make it happen.
We all have this power within us, it just takes the understanding and the proper execution to make your dreams come true.
Watch my video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwofeTwJkA4
Make sure to join the VIP Membership: Her Circle. You'll be in the company of other like-minded women from all over the world! You'll receive unique monthly content to help you find your illuminated path, while becoming more mindful. This is an amazing opportunity to feel supported and collaborate in a meaningful way.
Stay connected with weekly news and updates!
Join my mailing list to receive the latest updates and unique discounts.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.